Get with us the official navigation license (LN) in a few hours and have fun with the experience we propose you!
We propose a plan to become an official captain or pirate with two possible experiences:
– EXPERIENCE 1: Book the “Lunamar” (our training ship) with the “Skipper” extra. This way you will be able to obtain the title after a day sailing and learning to sail the sea.
– EXPERIENCE 2: We offer you the possibility to take an intensive course of 4 hours for 150€/person up to a maximum of 5 people. And residents for 240€ for the complete trip, in this trip can go up to a maximum of 5 people. You will be accompanied by one of our best skippers and he will teach you how to sail.
1. Security and checks before going to sea:
- Use of the life jacket and recognition of its elements. Importance of its fit and placement. Hand flares, handling precautions and explanation of their use. Management of the fog horn and the heliograph. The bilge pump. The on-board first aid kit and its contents.
- Review critical points of the boat: bottom taps, horn, rudder lock, portholes and other openings in the hull. Checks prior to going to sea: general condition of the boat, bilge, check of empty spaces, fuel level, drinking water, battery charge. Verification of the maximum number of people on board and the validity of the security elements.
- Outboard motors: peculiarities and precautions in handling. Checks prior to starting the engine: absence of explosive atmospheres, levels, dead center and starting battery charge. Heating and oil level alarm. Engine start and cooling pump operation checks, exhaust smoke color and engine sound, man overboard systems.
- Jet propulsion: characteristics, trigger throttle and precautions for the pump and nozzle area (possible personal injury).
Precautions in the use of ropes. Basic knots: hitch, bowline, clove hitch. Explanation of its uses. Way of making a rope firm in bollards and cleats.
- Precautions before leaving the mooring: other boats, obstacles or ropes in the water. Unmooring maneuver based on wind and current. Effects of propeller spin on maneuver. Evolution going back and forth. Ciaboga. Evolution curve. Security speed. Angles of vision and maneuvering at the tips of jetties and other places without visibility.
- Recognition of mooring points on land. Preparation of moorings on board. Placing defenses and precautions when approaching. Docking approach. Hook uses. I use moorings: lengths, traverses and sprints. Way of mooring to cleats, bollards and rings. Mooring function of wind and current.
Factors for choosing the anchorage: shelter, wind, current and fork. Sand, mud and gravel anchorages, peculiarities. Chain length depending on the bottom and the sea and wind conditions. Make the anchor firm. Weigh. – Precautions with swimmers and divers: On approaching and leaving the anchorage, when starting the engine while at anchor.
6. Safety maneuvers
Identification of the different risks of falling into the sea. How to proceed in the event of a man overboard.